Thursday, February 8, 2007

Cara & Chris- Winter Wonderland Wedding

Such a brave couple!! I was pumped that they were willing to let me take them out into the snow. It had snowed all morning, and the day before with that soft, fluffy, almost magical snow.

Off with the wedding shoes, and on with the boots!! This shoot had to be done in 10 minute increments.....10 minutes outside, 10 minutes to warm up inside, 10 minutes outside, and so on! It was the only way to avoid hypothermia on a -12 winter day.

We'd been out in the cold quite a while when this shot was taken and we were definitely ready to go in and sit by the fire for a bit!! Right after this shot, the winds picked up and we took off running towards the Ranche.





2 comments:

Absolute said...

Love your most recent works including the holiday shots- I have not been here in awhile great stuff!!

Hiker said...

Hi there, great wedding pictures. Weddings are meant to be in snow. I think because of the bride's white dress, it looks good with the snow. The pictures are nice and clear and great resolution. I'm surprised your camera worked in -12 degrees. I wonder what the windchill was. I know you said that you all did this every 10 minutes to avoid hypothermia. Good choice. You and both the bride and groom don't want that to happen. I'm no stranger to hypothermia. I once went on a hike in Colorado in October 2007 in beautiful conditions, 25 degrees and sunny and wearing a tank top and jeans, didn't think I'd be gone long only a half hour or so, then this storm came out of nowhere, snow and 30 MPH winds moved in, and to make a long story short, I got lost and and around 2 hours later, a elk hunter found me stumbling around, picked me up, run me to a hospital where I had a body core temp of 78 degrees. I later found out that the outside temp had plunged to -20 degrees and windchill of -62 and 7 inches of snow had fallen. I'm lucky to be alive.- I had no warm clothes at all. I don't know what I was thinking. Just wanted to share that with you. Once again, great photos and have a great time taking more of them, and if in the cold-- stay warm. Thank You Jeff